5.2.18

Tatum Jackson

Welcome to the Science of Soul, this weeks Featured Album comes from Tatum Jackson's "Soul of a Man ," it's packed with smooth R&B grooves just the way I like them. Tatum was a new name to me but judging on the results of this album his future is looking very bright, check out his biography at the bottom of this page and on his web site.

Quite a few new tracks this week, I am loving the Keith Sweat & K-Ci collaboration "How Many Ways," great song great production and impeccable vocals all you can ask for. Portland Oregon's favourite soul son Andy Stokes is back with a new release "Best Day Ever,"  Andy is one these guys that consistently churn out quality music and this is no exception. I featured the new album from Diane Shaw few weeks back and I have dipped into it again, there's just so many great tracks, "2nd Chance" was the album title, and I highly recommend it. Rounding out the new releases today is Sir Wick and a track from the excellent Sound Track "A Tale Of Two Fools".

Sad news just in about the loss of Dennis Edwards, tribute in next weeks show, but I have re-posted the Special I made with him in the mid-90's at the top right of this page. It's about 90 minutes long and includes many of his classic recordings.

There is plenty of great music for the old school lovers in today's broadcast, so sit back and enjoy and thank you for your continued support.

Sunday's Playlist 4-2-2018
Hour One
Dionne Warwick - Move Me No Mountain
Lenny Williams - Shame
Andy Stokes - Best Day Ever
Diane Shaw - Shall I Wait For You
Rick Clarke - Love
Keith Sweat & K Ci - How Many Ways
Tatum Jackson - Midnight Queen
Tatum Jackson - Cheating With Your Best Friend
Ike Noble - For Your Love
The Drifters - On The Street Were You Live
Mary Wells - You Make Me Feel So Good Inside
Impact - I Thought You Might Like To Know



Hour Two
Sir Wick , Anthony Saunders & John Douglas - I Love You
Al Lindsey - Call Me
Fourmen - Can I Dance With You
Shae Jones - Symptoms Of A Heartbreak
Co Ed - 1st Time
Al Hudson & The Soul Partners - Lost Inside Of You
Rome - I Like Ya
Tatum Jackson - Me & My Ole Lady
Teddy Pendergrass - Cold Cold World
David Ebo - I'd Rather Be By Myself
9th Creation - Come Back Home

Tatum Jackson biography:-Born in Dallas, Texas, Tatum Jackson also known as Xavier Jackson, found his love for music at the early age of six. He started piano lessons from a family member Cathy Marshall, until he found his true passion for the Hammond Organ. Tatum began studying with Eva Flowers and John Mark Tatum, who encouraged him to become the best at what you do. Tatum is a graduate of the Booker T. Washington High School for the Performing and Visual Arts, the infamous school that birth performers such as Nora Jones, Erykah Badu, Robert Searight, Roy Hargrove and Keith Anderson.
More here http://www.tatum-jackson.com/bio/


No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE ENTER COMMENT BELOW:-