6.2.17

05-02-2017

Welcome to this edition of the Science of Soul. It's always my pleasure to share with music that I love, even the new releases this week have an old school flavor. Legendary Chicago vocal group The Notations are back with a new single "Just Your Love" and I gotta say the fellas sounded great back in the day and they still sound great today and this track really took me by surprise. I for one, am hoping there gonna be a resurgence in the 'sweet soul sound' that I grew up with, it's so refreshing to hear tight harmonies again.

Sir Charles
Talking of great groups from back in the day, Philly favorites, The Trammps have been back in the studio and the result just might surprise you. It's a smooth ballad called "Let Me Love You Tonight," also in the show this week is new music from Sir Charles Jones with the title track from his forthcoming album "Destiny," looking forward to this set. There is plenty of Old Skool classics on this weeks show with some you just might have forgotten and some you might not know. Listen out for Richmond International and The Congenial Four, both my favorites. Ok, it's time for music so just hit the play button sit back and enjoy the journey ... remember be sure to tell a friend about the Science of Soul.

Sundays Playlist for 05-02-2017
Hour One
Tower of Power - Soul With A Capital 'S'
The Notations - Just Your Love
Soul Basement ft. Jay Nemor - I'm Doing Fine
The Chi-Lites - Heavenly Body
Sir Charles Jones - Destiny
Arnold Blair - I Finally Made It Home
Sandra Wright - I'll Come Running Back
Joe - Good Girls
Cupid - I Still Believe In Love
Charles Drain - Lifetime Guarantee Of Love
Carl Carlton - I Think Its Gonna Be Alright
The Four Tops - How Will I Ever Forget Her
The Dramatics - That's My Favourite Song
Stan Mosley - You Oughta Be With Me



Hour Two
Toney Fountaine
Toney Fountaine - Come Back To Me
The Superior Band ft. Rebekah - Magic
Betty Wright - Thank You For The Many Things You Do
Mel & Tim - Keep The Faith
The Congenial Four - You Played The Part Of A Loser
Bridgette Bryant - Soft Places
Sargent Tucker - I Need Your Love
Phyllis Hyman - The Sunshine In My Life
The Trammps - Let Me Love You Tonight
Richmond International - Maybe, If I Leave You
Crystal Winds - Love Ain't Easy
Kem - I Cant Stop Loving You  


No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE ENTER COMMENT BELOW:-