19.12.16

Mayer Hawthorne

Tara
It's the festive season and all that I know is everyone's busy, so an extra big thank you is due for taking time out to visit the Science of Soul. Just a little note there will be no show on Christmas day but we will return on New Years Day as normal. I must take this chance to also make apologies for some of the disruption over the last few weeks partly due to my stateside trip and BCR Radio moving to brand new studios I'm sure you can imagine the logistics of moving to new studios whilst keeping the station on air 24 hours a day. Well done to all the BCR  tech crew who have done an amazing job.
Featured artist this week is Mayer Hawthorne his latest release "Party of One" is a six track EP I love the 3 tracks I have included and I hope you enjoy them. Other new music this week comes from Carmichael Musiclover, Lina Loi, Ali Tennant,Tara and a real nice Christmas track from Chicago's Sean Whyte plus a new issue 7 inch single from Energy MC2 on Soul Junction Records. Old school folk have no fear I got you covered to the Aaron Neville track is pretty special a big thanks to Mickey Nold for bringing this to my attention
.

Sadly it was announced this week that former member of Mystique and The Impressions Ralph Johnson passed it's been a cruel year for real. He will be missed and remembered.

Have a wonderful Christmas and I will be back on New Years day live as normal at 8pm GMT. Thank you to everyone for your amazing support throughout 2016 lets "Click a Glass" to 2017...

Playlist for 18-11-2016

Hour One
The Jones Girls - Getting On With My Life
Kim Scott - Sweet Obsession
Carmichael Musiclover - My Star
Arthur Alexander - I Need You Baby
Sharon Jones & The Dapp Tones ft Lee Fields - Stranded In Your Love (RIP)
R Kelly - Flyin' On My Sleigh
Ali Tennant - Suffer For Love
Tara - Work It
Aaron Neville - She Took You For A Ride
Mayer Hawthorne - A New Love
Mayer Hawthorne - Time For Love
Sean Whyte - For Christmas
Energy MC2 - If You Break It
Lina - Dip


Hour Two
Latisha - My Husband To
Legally Blynd - You
Billy Butler - Now You Know
Skip Mahoney & The Casuals - I Love You
Angelique Sabrina - Fairytale
Kitty & The Haywoods - Mystic Stranger
Mel & Tim - It's Those Little Things
Leroy Allen - I Got To Have You
Mayer Hawthorne - Someone Like You
Mystique feat Ralph Johnson -  Fill You Up (RIP)
Soul Children - I'll Be The Other Woman
Brighter Shade Of Darkness - Something To Remember
Johnny Bristol - You Turn Me On

Mayer Hawthorne biography:
Mayer Hawthorne, the project of Detroit's dj, producer and singer-songwriter Andrew Cohen, debuted with A Strange Arrangement (Stones Throw, 2009), a faithful reconstruction of the sound of Motown soul of the Sixties that was entirely performed and assembled by him in person. Not a postmodernist meditation on a style but a straightforward nostalgic imitation of that style, notably Just Ain't Gonna Work Out, Maybe So, Maybe No, I Wish It Would Rain, Your Easy Lovin' Ain't Pleasin' Nothin'?, One Track Mind. How Do You Do (2011) was a better sculpted exercise in blue-eyed soul revival influenced by Steely Dan's lounge elegance: Can't Stop, Finally Falling, No Strings, and especially The Walk and A Long Time. Meanwhile the relentless Motown party sound lives on with Dreaming
 and Hooked

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE ENTER COMMENT BELOW:-