17.10.16

Anthony Hamilton

"Today's show is dedicated to my late Mum who would have celebrated her birthday on October 16th  -  Not a day passes that I don't think of her"

The Featured Artist/album this week will be Anthony Hamilton  and although his current album as been out awhile, I never got a chance to feature it, and the opportunity arose this week. "What I'm Feeling" is one of those albums that just grows in stature, pay particular attention to the lyrics, Anthony Hamilton is a soulful man.

Other new music this week comes from Mo B and Gwendolyn Collins and I'll be album tracking the latest sets from David Hollister and Keith Sweat .. I never tire of Sweat's latest album "Dress To Impress" . I got a ton of Od Skool classics, some of which you just might have forgotten but I know you will enjoy.

Robert Bateman in August
On the news front this week I sadly have to report the passing of both Robert Bateman & Sonny Sanders, they were both truly iconic figures during soul music's transition from 1950s Doo Wop to the more sophisticated soul of the 1960s. I was with Robert in August at the Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame ceremony in Detroit, never thought it would be the last time I would see him.

On a happier note my good friend Stan Mosely has been out to Philadelphia to record with legendary writer producer Bobby Eli, I've had a little sneak preview of the results .....WOW stay tuned there's great things to come.
Now it's 'music time' so hit the play button and enjoy, oh  ....  and tell a friend .

Playlist for 16-10-2016

Hour One
Next Movement - Night Stalker
Mo B. - Toast It Up
Gwendolyn Collins - I Think I Like You
Lighter Shades Of Brown - On A Sunday Afternoon
Keith Sweat - Better Love
David Hollister - Creation H.E.R.
Speedometer - Just The Same
Ryan Carty - Gratitude
Godchild Presents - I Wanna Walk With You
Anthony Hamilton - Walk In My Shoes
Anthony Hamilton - What I'm Feeling
Masterplan - Clinton Park
Virgil Henry - You Ain't Saying Nothing New





Hour Two
Jarrod Lawson - Music & It's Magic
Benny Johnson - I Just Gotta Know
Joe Simon - Somebody For Everybody
Brother Nature - Heavy On My Mind
Jimmy Lewis - She's Gone
Al Lindsey - Come As You Are
Southern Relative - Uh Oh
Anthony Hamilton - Amen
Quedon - Alway's On My Mind
Anita Baker/feat. Babyface - Like You Used To Be
Eddie Kendrick - Never Alone
Archie Bell & The Drells - I Just Wanna
 
Anthony Hamilton Biography:

A soul singer who drew comparisons to such classic vocalists as Bill Withers and Bobby Womack,Anthony Hamilton struggled for the better part of the 1990s as two of his albums went unreleased. While he didn't always get the label support his talent deserved, Hamilton established himself during the 2000s as one of the rawest, most singular, and relatable voices in R&B. He did so while racking up several Top Ten R&B albums and a handful of Grammy nominations.

The Charlotte, North Carolina native got his start at age ten in his church's choir. As a teenager, he progressed by performing solo at various nightclubs and talent shows. In 1993, while in his early twenties, he moved to New York City, where he signed with André Harrell's Uptown Records, a major source of the new jack swing sound and home to artists such as Jodeci and Mary J. Blige. By 1995, Uptown was set to push Hamilton's debut album, but the company went out of business, leaving the album unreleased. More at Allmusic

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE ENTER COMMENT BELOW:-